In our house you either love them or hate them. Well, actually I think we all love them. And we are fortunate enough that we have a tree to give us a ton of them! Since we live in the San Joaquin Valley, and the way the weather has been for the past couple of years that means we have a few crops all year round! Even though I like lemons I have to be very careful making lemonade as not to burn the lining of my stomach off… but since lemons are so good for you, I just can’t help myself sometimes. I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes for a yummy summertime lemonade and the benefits of lemons.
Benefits of Lemons
- Lemons help cure issues related to indigestion and constipation .
- Eases the pain of sunburns.
- Lemon juice can help with colds and fever by causing the body to increase perspiration.
- Lemon juice can give hair a great shine including reducing the amount of dandruff.
- Lastly, and most importantly, lemon can help reduce weight when combined with warm water and honey. since lemons are jam-packed with Vitamin C, it is able to increase liver function and increase metabolism.
Bee Sweet Lemonade
A cool & tasty summertime lemonade!
Write a review
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (approximately 4 large lemons)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Raw Honey (local preferably)
- 4-6 cups cold water
- Squeezed juice from approximately 4 large lemons, will yield 1 cup juice, set aside.
- Combine Honey & 1 cup warm water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once Honey and water are cooled, pour into pitcher, adding lemon juice and cool water.
- Chill 1-2 hours or serve over ice.
- Tip: Depending on the honey you use, it can have a very powerful taste. If you have a cold, I would recommend using 1/2 cups honey. The lemonade will have a very honey taste, but you will still be able to taste the lemonade.
- Note: This is a very strong lemonade mixture, if you are not used to drinking real, pure lemonade, add 6 cups of water instead of 4, as the acidity may be too hard on your stomach.
Healthy Latina Living http://www.healthylatinaliving.com/
Faye North says
How lucky you are that you can grow your own lemons. I have to buy mine at the grocery store. My post is also on lemons today – in Italy. Happy A-Z!
Faye at Destination: Fiction
Faye North recently posted…“L” is for Lemon
And you are even more lucky to be in Italy and taste all those yummy lemon concoctions!!
Kimberly Gauthier says
And local raw honey is great for my hay fever too!
Kimberly Gauthier recently posted…Living Longer | Do Raw Fed Dogs Live Longer?
Ohhh… I have something even better for you in a few days!! Just wait for Saturday!
Pawesome Cats says
Nothing beats home made lemonade! I like it warm in winter too – it’s great for colds and sore throats!
Pawesome Cats recently posted…What to Consider When Rehoming Your Cat