I wish I could tell you that I have loved garlic all my life, but seriously I don’t think I really began my love affair with food until about 10 years ago. When your first date with your husband takes place at a sushi joint, and you have your dinner reception at Mesa Grill… well it starts to set precedence of a second relationship with food. A relationship that caused me to gain 38 pounds after my reception. Even though I am currently taking a journey with Weight Watchers, there are herbs and spices that can make the most bland tasting foods into a fiesta in your mouth. One of those herbs capable of that is Garlic!
Garlic has been used for thousands of years in both culinary and theraputic uses.
5 Benefits of Garlic
- People who eat garlic at least 2x/week have a 44% lower risk of developing lung cancer.
- Women who eat diets rich in Allium veggies (onions, chives, leeks, garlic) have lower levels of osteoarthritis.
- Garlic oil my help protect diabetic patients from cardiomyopathy.
- Garlic can decrease the risk of prostate cancer in men.
- 1 bag of ore-ida mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp Garlic
- chop garlic cloves and saute with butter until lightly golden brown
- Microwave potatoes as directed
- Substitute almond milk and add sautéed garlic and butter to potatoes
- Serve hot
Flicker – Soren Oxenhave