Eggs. I know very few people who don’t like eggs. With a family of three adults, we go through at least a dozen a week and sometimes 2. For the majority of my small family eggs are a great way to start off a morning. With 6 grams of protein, this is an excellent way to begin the day!
Being diabetic I love eggs for several reasons.
- Eggs provide a sustained energy source but not causing surges in blood sugar levels.
- Eggs provide varying amount of B12, B6, Thiamin, Riboflavin and Folate.
- At approximately 70 calories per egg, a two egg breakfast is a low calorie way to start the day.
But even though eggs are a great addition for breakfast or even dinner, my favorite way is to have them for Lunch! I just love this Egg Salad Sandwich!
- 5 eggs
- 1 radish
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 Tbsp Mayonaise
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 slices Miltons Bread
- Hard boil eggs, 25 minutes from warm water to boiling
- Chill eggs in ice bath for at least 15 minutes
- Chop celery & radishes to desired size
- Dice eggs in bowl, adding Mayonaise, radishes, celery and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with 2 slices of bread!
- Mixture makes a total of 3 servings
- Normally this is my sandwich, so I have left overs for a couple of times more! Yes I love it that much. Warning though, I normally only add the celery and radishes at the time I am going to eat. If left in the egg mixture, it will become a little watery.